Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Whoever called it Morning Sickeness had NO idea what they were talking about"

So if you haven't figured it out from the title, we are expecting a little bundle of joy! Yes, you read that right. This September (labor day is my due date!) we will be welcoming a new addition to our crazy little family and we could not be more excited and scared!

I am entering week 17 which puts me in my second trimester. I am hoping the second part is not as eventful as the first one....

The first few weeks started off with a bit of a scare so we were not sure what was going to happen. An ultrasound confirmed that everything was OK. We went home a little freaked out but very happy. The very next morning I began to experience every possible pregnancy symptom there was; there is no such thing as morning sickness, its all bloody day long. My 8 hour work day consisted of me spending about 7 hours of my shift running to the bathroom. Once I got home, it continued. The only relief I got was sleep...the few hours I did get because your bladder magically shrinks overnight!

Everyone kept saying I must be so excited..how can one be excited and happy when they are more focused at keeping their food down?

Around week 14, the sickness became actual morning sickness, and now its just every other day..when you least expect it of course!!

I am finally starting to feel normal again and have actually started planning for Peanut. We bought a crib and a few other baby things. I am still more terrified than excited but I am looking forward to the outcome. Life is never going to be the same and I couldn't be more thrilled!!

A

No comments: