Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello 2011! So Long 2010!

I never thought I could feel as good as I felt when the clock stuck midnight and we said good-bye to 2010 and celebrated the beginning of 2011. It is no secret that 2010was a stressful one but as the year came to an end, the stress started to disappear and we began making our plans for the new year. I've made a decision not to dwell on the past year, not in the form of a blog anyway, but anyone in our close circle will understand what I speak of.

We have many exciting adventures happening in 2011 and we could not be happier. Our year is already starting to fill up pretty quickly and we have many plans.

2011 will start of with a new career for J. It will be a little scary and will open many opportunities for us. Early February will bring a visit from my Sister which is always a fun time. This will be followed by several birthday parties, school events and dance recitals. In June, J and I will be taking a road trip through New England and eventually ending in Niagara Falls for a romantic getaway. We will meet up with Ashley and family in Toronto for several fun filled days that end with a New Kids on the Block concert...my pre-teen dream come true!! Later in the summer we will pack the kids in the car and head to Newfoundland for a few weeks. And who knows what the fall will bring..I know we have a few ideas!

While I am happy to see 2010 end, I have many happy memories that I take with me. 2010 was the year I was officially accepted as a step-parent and that in itself brightened my world. I attended every kid function, from swim class to parent teacher meetings. We had our moments, mostly me and Abby, where yelling was involved from both ends, and we had moments that were so special I will never forget. Out of the blue one day, Abby said she loved me and Ben, while he never shows much emotion is always excited when he gets to teach me new things..even if I already know them..its still great to see his excitement.

While I didn't make specific resolutions I have things that I will continue to work on in 2011. I will be a better friend and a better person. I will understand that I cannot always be perfect and in control. I will accept help when I need it. I will speak up, and I will trust.

Here's to an incredible 2011. May all your dreams come true!

A

No comments: