Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year, New Me.......

With all the changes and craziness that has happened over the last few years, I have decided 2014 was my year. This will be the year that I start doing the things I have always said, " I wish I could.." or "If I could.." or "someday I will.." Crafting, baking, sewing, blogging and getting married are among those on my list. In an effort to stick to my 2014 goals, I give you my first blog of 2014! My goal is to blog often on anything that I feel like sharing. I will share with you my thoughts, favorite recipies, my crafting journey and of course my life. I am a stay-at-home mom of sorts, in that I am home with my 2 year old son during the day. Of course in order to have such an awesome opportunity, I had to open a small in-home daycare to make up for the financial loss. It is not always fun and games and often causes me nightmares and way more stress then any job, but I love being home with Riley and most days I love the tiny humans. Yes I will blog about them and all the craziness that goes along with running a daycare. I love to cook and bake and will post my creations from time to time. I have been learning to decorate sugar cookies with the help of Sweetopia and I still have a very long way to go but I do enjoy it and so does the kiddie taste testers. I can be a creative person but I tend to stick to what I know. This year I have decided to try new things. My sewing machine has arrived and I took it out of the box! Its a start right? My hope is that I will be able to sell some of my creations later in the year. I love to make new things and I am really looking forward to see what I can do. I hope you stick around for the ride.... The biggest new thing in 2014 will be marriage. On June 8th, 2014 I will marry my best friend in a intimate ceremony at Hatfield Farm. When we got engaged we agreed to not go into debt over our wedding. This includes no credit cards and a tight budget. Aside from what the farm provides, everything will be DIY and nothing makes me happier then ribbons and glue guns! Keep an eye out for wedding updates and how to stick within a budget. Thanks for reading and stop by from time to time! Amanda

No comments: