Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” Washington Irving


I never imagined you can have so many events happening in one day! While today was nice a relaxing it was hectic and crazy!

It began with the 5:00 am wake up call from the birds that have currently picked up residence just outside my bedroom window. This of course allows one time to think about all the things they need to do and how little time there is to do it. Of course I quickly discovered that a snack and a little Harry Potter would send me back to dreamland for a few more hours.


Today was J's birthday. We had a nice relaxing BBQ with the kids and family. We had cake, presents and orange pop! I love when both sides of our families get together. While many from my side were missing, I still like having everyone together. I am huge on the family thing and have always enjoyed getting together with both the the Tobin's and Buckle's. I try really hard to keep that incorporated into my adult life.

Today was also Mother's Day and I got my very first Step-Mother's Day card and it brought tears to my eyes. It was not expected at all and I loved it. I was missing my mom today and for the first time in a long time I really wanted to be home with her. It was all I could think of. Of course, I kept reminding myself that I would be home for her birthday in August and it would be just as much fun.

The usual routine on Mother's Day is calling my mom and then my Grammie. For the first time I was unable to call my Grammie today because she is currently driving across the Island so that she will be in St.John's for tomorrow morning so that she can prepare for surgery. Grammie has to go in an get a hip replacement and bone regeneration done and this is not an easy procedure for a young healthy person let alone for an 83 year old, not as healthy person. This is a very difficult surgey with a very long and painful recovery. I have been trying to convince myself that its all going to go great but I'm not doing a good job at it. I have a feeling that it is going to be a long couple of days.

And that is what i meant when I said "While today was nice and relaxing it was hectic and crazy!"

A

1 comment:

Lisa Coleman Boutilier said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Happy Birthday J!