Sunday, December 5, 2010

friends

Over the past few weeks I have taken the time to sit down and think about the people that are in my life and the people that once meant a great deal to me that are no longer in my life. I'm not referring to those that have passed on but those that are alive and well. Its funny how life gets in the way of life.

I have a large number of acquaintances but a very small group of true friends. These are individuals that never gave up on me when so many others did; they are people who while I may not see everyday, I can count on to be there when I need them the most. These individuals listen to what I have to say and are not afraid to tell me the truth; we can sit in silence or we can chat for hours; we can laugh or cry together and if you are one of the few that fit in this category, thank you for being you!

For those that were once part of my inner circle that no longer are, I refuse to accept that life got in the way. Maybe you really do have to accept that people and their priorities change but I'm not ready to give up.

I'm just saying....

A

No comments: